Roasted Beet, Goat Cheese, and Cherry Salad
The marriage of beets, goat cheese, and fresh, tart summer cherries makes this one of the best salads you’ll ever make. You could eat this on its own, or even serve it topped with chicken or pork for a beautiful main entrée.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Cooking Spray
- 6 small red beets
- 6 small yellow beets
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 12 cups mixed greens
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup honey mustard roasted walnuts
- 6 oz. herb soft goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. gluten-free Dijon mustard
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 6 Tbsp. chopped shallots
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with gluten-free nonstick cooking spray.
- Place beets in dish and toss with olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Roast for about 30 minutes, or until softened. Carefully remove the skin and cut beets into 1⁄2-inch slices.
- In a large bowl, mix the greens, cherries, tomatoes, walnuts, roasted beets, and goat cheese together.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey, mustard, garlic, shallots, and remaining salt and pepper. Drizzle the salad with the dressing and toss to coat.