Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Onion
Start a new side dish tradition this holiday season and serve these tasty roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon and onion. They are quick and easy to make, which will free up time to spend with family and friends. The secret to this delicious side dish lies in tossing the Brussels sprouts in bacon grease before cooking, delivering a perfectly seasoned, crisp-tender vegetable that will delight everyone at the table.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse Brussels sprouts and cut larger sprouts in half lengthwise.
- Cut uncooked bacon into small pieces; sauté for 5 minutes, until the bacon grease has been released and the bacon is partially cooked.
- In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts, diced onion, partially cooked bacon and bacon grease from the skillet. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Place Brussels sprouts mixture on an ungreased baking sheet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook at 400°F for 20-25 minutes, or until Brussels sprouts are crisp-tender. Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.