Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Walnuts
This side dish is so luscious your family might request it as an entrée.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 55 minutes
- 4 slices Simple Truth™ Bacon (Uncured Smoked), cut into ½" wide strips
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, halved
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth™ Raw Walnut Pieces, chopped and toasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh Simple Truth Organic™ Thyme, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Unfiltered Olive Oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cook bacon in a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel-lined plate; reserve the bacon grease.
- Place Brussels sprouts on a large baking sheet. Add Brussels sprouts, salt and pepper to the skillet and toss until combined. Drizzle with a little bacon grease, olive oil and toss in the walnuts and thyme.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, tossing once or twice.
- Drizzle with vinegar and toss with bacon; serve.