Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
Need a side? Save some time and shop online. The savory and smoky flavor make these tender sprouts a scrumptious accompaniment to any main course.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 pound pancetta, cut into small dice (about 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is fragrant and beginning to crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain and set aside.
- Add the Brussels sprouts cut side down in an even layer and cook for 4-5 minutes. As the sprouts begin to brown and caramelize, turn and season with kosher salt and black pepper, reduce the heat to medium and cover with a lid.
- Add the pancetta back to the pan with the sprouts. Whisk the remaining tablespoon of olive oil with the maple syrup and balsamic vinegar and add to the sprouts, tossing to coat, and cook for another minute or two, so the sprouts are still fork tender but not mushy. Season with more salt and ground black pepper and serve.