Roasted Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
You can save yourself some time and a lot of effort by buying precubed butternut squash. Some grocery stores even carry frozen cubed butternut squash that works nicely with this recipe—just defrost first.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. chicken stock
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 8 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and cubed
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- In a large stockpot, heat chicken stock over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add squash, apples, bell pepper, garlic, broth, and salt.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Transfer ingredients to a blender or use an immersion blender to purée. Add pepper.
- Serve warm. Drizzle individual bowls with olive oil before serving.