Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 butternut squash
- 4 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- 2 cups cooked pasta
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds.
- Using nonstick cooking spray, coat 1 side of 2 pieces of heavy-duty foil large enough to wrap squash halves. Wrap squash in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, or until tender.
- Scoop out baked squash flesh and discard rind; rough-chop the squash.
- Add olive oil, garlic, and onion to nonstick skillet and sauté for about 5 minutes until onion is transparent. (Alternatively, put oil, garlic, and onion in covered microwave-safe dish; microwave on high for 2–3 minutes.)
- Remove pan from heat; stir in vinegar and oregano. Add squash; stir to coat in onion mixture. Add pasta and toss to mix. Season with salt and pepper and serve with parsley and cheese.