Roasted Carrots and Parsnips with Orange and Thyme
A beautiful vegetable medley with a bright color and taste. Cut the vegetables into equal-sized pieces to ensure even cooking.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced lengthwise ½" thick
- 4 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced lengthwise ½" thick
- 3 Tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme or 1 tsp. dried
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Take out a rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- Place in a mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients, and toss well to coat. Turn mixture out onto baking sheet and arrange vegetables in a single layer.
- Place baking sheet on middle rack in oven and roast for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.