Roasted Carrots with Carrot Top Chimichurri
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 bunches green top carrots, scrubbed clean
- 5 tablespoons Kroger® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup carrot top greens, packed
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaves, packed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Trim all but 1” of green tops from carrots and reserve carrot tops. If carrots are thick, cut in half lengthwise. Place carrots on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Toss carrots with 2 tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and black pepper. Roast 20-25 minutes or until carrots are tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a food processor add green carrot tops, mint, garlic, vinegar, red pepper, remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Pulse until blended.
- Serve roasted carrots topped with chimichurri sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers.