Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic Soup
Creamy and warm, this soup is the ultimate in comfort. Add more red pepper if you like your soup a little hotter.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 1⁄2 medium sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 medium baking potato, peeled and cubed
- 4 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper. Bake for 25 minutes until golden and soft. Reserve 3⁄4 cup roasted cauliflower and set aside
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Sauté onion 8 minutes until translucent. Stir in garlic, cumin, crushed red pepper, potato and remaining cauliflower. Add vegetable stock and remaining salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Serve hot.
- Garnish with reserved cauliflower, cilantro, and a drizzle of the remaining olive oil.