Roasted Cherry Salad
Roasting is a great way to extend the shelf life on fruits that are starting to get a little soft.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup cherries, pitted
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almond slivers
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Place cherries on a rimmed baking sheet; toss with olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until slightly softened and starting to release juices. Allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Place spinach in a large bowl, add onions, almonds, goat cheese, cherries and desired amount of vinaigrette. Toss gently to combine. Refrigerate leftovers.