Roasted Chicken Soup
This is a great recipe for those nights when you’re cleaning out the vegetable crisper in the refrigerator. Feel free to substitute other vegetables as desired.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, smashed, peeled, and finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 stalk celery, cut into ¼" slices
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped cooked rotisserie-style chicken
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan. Add the garlic and yellow onion. Cook over medium-low heat until the onion is tender. Add the celery and carrot. Cook 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add the chicken. Stir in the dried oregano, Tabasco sauce, green onions, and salt. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the carrots are tender.