Roasted Coconut Chicken
This delicious roasted whole chicken, with its combination of curry and coconut oil, is a real antioxidant blast! Your immune system will thank you.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. curry paste
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. finely chopped lemongrass
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
- 1 large roaster chicken (4 lbs.)
- 2 large Idaho potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place potatoes in an even layer on the bottom of a roasting pan. Combine curry paste, coconut oil, ginger, and lemongrass with 2 tablespoons coconut milk in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken on top of the potatoes in the roasting pan. Brush the curry sauce over the chicken with a basting brush and pour remaining coconut milk over the chicken. Roast for about 1 1⁄2 hours, basting occasionally with coconut milk.
- Remove chicken from the oven and leave to stand for 10 minutes before carving.