Roasted Eggplant Dip
Adding a flavorful creaminess to sandwiches and wraps, or a chunky dip for your favorite vegetable assortment, this recipe delivers all the taste and nutrients you desire with the added benefit of versatility.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggplants
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup goat cheese or soft vegan cheese
- 1 cup nonfat Greek-style yogurt, or soy yogurt
- 1 tsp. all-natural sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and prepare a baking sheet with foil and olive oil spray.
- Pierce the skins of the eggplants with a fork, and cut in half lengthwise.
- Place eggplant halves on the baking sheet with insides facing up, and place the 4 garlic cloves on the same sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until eggplant and garlic cloves are soft.
- Remove from heat. Spoon out eggplant into chunks and set in a strainer to allow excess juices to drip away, and allow to cool.
- In a blender, combine the eggplant, garlic cloves, lemon juice, goat cheese, and ½ cup yogurt. Blend until thoroughly combined, adding remaining ½ cup yogurt until desired consistency is reached. Add salt.