Roasted Eggplant Purée
You don’t need to peel the eggplant before preparing this recipe. The peel softens during cooking.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 medium eggplants
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 bunch fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet with 1⁄2 tablespoon of the oil. Slice the eggplants in half lengthwise.
- Rub the eggplant halves with the remaining oil and sprinkle with the garlic, oregano, and pepper. Place on the baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes until fork-tender.
- Let cool, then purée in a food processor. Store in a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.