Roasted Garlic Aioli Mayonnaise
To save time or when you don’t have a blender, you can use 1 cup of a good-quality store-bought mayonnaise in place of making it from scratch, although there’s no comparison when made fresh. Add dried herbs for extra flavor. Serve aioli mayonnaise over vegetables, grilled meats, fish, or swirled into a thick purée of hot lentil soup.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 head garlic
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wrap garlic in aluminum foil; bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool, remove foil, and slice across flat end of head. Squeeze softened cloves out the end into a small bowl; set aside.
- Pour ¼ cup of oil into a blender with egg, lemon juice, vinegar, and salt. Turn on blender; pour remaining oil into mixture in a slow stream. The mayonnaise will thicken as you pour the oil. Add roasted garlic to mayonnaise; pulse to combine. Run blender additional 30 seconds after garlic has been added.
- Keep mixture refrigerated in a glass container 5–7 days.