Roasted-Garlic Mashed Potatoes
In the absence of milk and butter, load up your mashed potatoes with a full head of roasted garlic for a flavor blast.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 whole head garlic
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 large potatoes, peeled, chopped, and cooked
- ¼ cup vegan margarine
- ½ cup soy milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 Tbsp. finely minced parsley
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Remove outer layer of skin from garlic head. Drizzle generously with olive oil, wrap in aluminum foil, and place on a baking sheet. Roast in oven for 30 minutes.
- Gently press cloves out of the skins, and mash smooth with a fork.
- Using a mixer or a potato masher, combine roasted garlic with potatoes, margarine, and soy milk until smooth or desired consistency.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and parsley.