Roasted Garlic Pesto
This low-carb pesto can be used as a sandwich spread, folded into cooked pasta, or mixed with nonfat sour cream for an appetizer dip.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 3 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup roasted garlic paste
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen spinach, thawed
- 6 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- In food processor, combine basil leaves, 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic paste, and garlic. Pulse until minced.
- Squeeze spinach to remove most of the water. Add to food processor; process until blended.
- Remove pesto to a medium bowl; stir in cheese, salt, pepper, dried basil, and lemon juice. Cover by placing plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pesto; chill for 3 hours to blend flavors. Drizzle with remaining olive oil before serving.