Roasted Garlic Sauce with Cheese
Roasting garlic is simple and makes the garlic milder, softer, and sweeter. Use this sauce with vegetables, spaghetti squash, salads, rice, or tomatoes.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 head garlic, unpeeled, dampened
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup gluten-free chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Wrap the dampened garlic in aluminum foil and roast in oven for 1 hour. Cool until you can handle it. Cut off the tip ends and squeeze garlic out of the shells and into a small bowl; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat and stir in the cornstarch. Continue to cook for 3–4 minutes over low heat. Whisk in the milk, chicken broth, and olive oil.
- Add lemon juice, salt, pepper, cheese, and reserved garlic.
- Place mixture in the blender and process until smooth. Pour into a serving bowl.