Roasted Garlic Sauce with Cheese
Save to My Recipes
Roasting garlic is simple and makes the garlic milder, softer, and sweeter. Use this sauce with vegetables, spaghetti squash, salads, rice, or tomatoes.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 head garlic, unpeeled, dampened
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup gluten-free chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Wrap the dampened garlic in aluminum foil and roast in oven for 1 hour. Cool until you can handle it. Cut off the tip ends and squeeze garlic out of the shells and into a small bowl; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat and stir in the cornstarch. Continue to cook for 3–4 minutes over low heat. Whisk in the milk, chicken broth, and olive oil.
- Add lemon juice, salt, pepper, cheese, and reserved garlic.
- Place mixture in the blender and process until smooth. Pour into a serving bowl.