Roasted Garlic Spinach
This spinach dish is good with steak, roast chicken, lasagna, fish, and much more. You can use fresh baby arugula if you can’t find fresh spinach.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup peeled garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pimento, diced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss the garlic cloves in olive oil. Put them on a piece of foil in a baking dish and roast in the oven for about 30 minutes. Cool, and cut the cloves in half.
- When the garlic is done, melt the butter in a sauté pan and add the spinach. Sauté the spinach in the butter for about 10 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add the roasted garlic cloves to the spinach and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Serve hot topped with the pimento.