Roasted Garlic Thyme Spread
Roasted garlic is a good addition to mashed potatoes or chicken broth. It also makes a delicious spread for crusty bread on a cheese plate.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 whole bulb of garlic, unpeeled
- 1 tsp. oil
- square of aluminum foil (about 10” x 10”)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 sprig thyme 2-inch
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut off the tip of the garlic bulb. Toss the bulb in a bowl with oil, and then put it on the piece of foil.
- Sprinkle the garlic bulb with the salt and place the thyme on it.
- Fold up the foil to form a sealed packet and bake for 1 hour. When the garlic is done, you can turn it so the cut side is down and simply squeeze the roasted garlic out of its papery skin and into a bowl.