Roasted Grapes with Wild Rice
Sweet roasted grapes marry perfectly with savory wild rice and shallots. And because the grapes create their own sauce, there’s no oil needed.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup red grapes
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley or cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bring wild rice and broth to a boil over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 45 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain any remaining liquid.
- While rice cooks, place grapes in a small baking pan, and toss with salt and pepper. Roast for 15–20 minutes, or until soft and juicy. Stir shallots into the baking pan when the pan is still hot from the oven. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes to soften.
- Stir grapes and shallots into cooked rice. Top with chopped parsley or cilantro.