Roasted Green Chilies
Roasting green chilies may seem like an intimidating feat, but it doesn’t get easier than this. Anaheim chilies are a milder chili, while pasilla chilies will turn up the heat of any of your favorite dishes.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 42 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 green chilies (Anaheim or pasilla)
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- Preheat broiler. Place chilies on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Broil 10 minutes or until skins begin to blacken. Using tongs, flip chilies to the other side and continue to broil another 5–7 minutes until blackened. Remove from broiler.
- Take chilies off pan and place in a heat-safe bowl with a lid to steam chilies.
- After 20 minutes, remove chilies from bowl. Using your hands, peel off the outer skin and remove the stems and seeds of chilies. Sprinkle with salt.
- Refrigerate or freeze chilies until ready to use.