Roasted Honey-Orange Carrots
Parboil whole carrots, toss them with butter, honey, orange juice, and fresh thyme sprigs. And then roast until browned and tender for a delicious side dish for any occasion.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 bag (1 lb.) whole carrots, trimmed and peeled
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Set oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Grease with olive oil.
- Place carrots in a large sauté pan with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and then lower heat to medium. Simmer carrots for 5–8 minutes, until just tender. Drain. Toss carrots with butter, honey, orange juice, thyme, and and salt.
- Transfer carrots and sauce to prepared baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Roast, shaking pan occasionally, for 25 minutes, or until carrots are tender and browned.