Roasted New Potato Salad with Swiss Chard
This potato salad is loaded with the flavors of spring. It’s just the thing for a simple lunch or to bring to a gathering.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. new red potatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups roughly chopped Swiss chard
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add chard, shallot, crushed red pepper, and remaining salt. Sauté until chard is wilted and shallot is softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Combine potatoes with Swiss chard mixture in a medium bowl.
- Whisk remaining olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, mustard seeds, and thyme in a small bowl. Toss with potatoes and serve.