Serve these delicious onions as a side dish to a steak, or try them on top of a grilled turkey burger for a summer cookout.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. small white onions
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 1-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel onions and slice into quarters. Arrange in prepared casserole and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In small bowl, combine sugar, oil, and thyme, and mix well. Drizzle over onions. Roast for 20 minutes, then turn onions with a spatula and return to oven. Roast for 15–20 minutes longer until onions turn golden brown in spots. Serve immediately.