Roasted Parsnips and Carrots
Try to use carrots and parsnips of similar size to allow for even cooking. Trimming only the stem ends and cutting the vegetables in half lengthwise creates elegant, tapered presentation. The vegetables also cook faster when halved.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 medium carrots, stem ends trimmed, peeled, and cut in half lengthwise
- 8 medium parsnips, stem ends trimmed, peeled, and cut in half lengthwise
- ¾ cup vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp. butter, cut into small pieces
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Place carrots, parsnips, stock, butter, and salt into a rimmed baking sheet. Cover with aluminum foil and roast until the vegetables are soft, about 45 minutes.
- Uncover and continue roasting until vegetables brown lightly, 10–15 minutes more. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.