Roasted Parsnips with Honey and Thyme
The honey brings out the sweetness of the parsnips.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 medium parsnips, peeled, halved lengthwise
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. dry white wine
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, combine the parsnips, oil, zest, honey, wine, salt, pepper, and thyme. Make sure the parsnips are well coated. Empty the contents of the bowl evenly onto a baking tray.
- Bake the parsnips on the middle rack of the oven for 25–30 minutes or until they are tender. Serve immediately or warm.