Roasted Parsnips with Thyme
Parsnips are another great option to add to your low-FODMAP diet and children like them too, especially when roasted. If some of your parsnips are larger, cut them in quarters so they all cook at the same rate.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. parsnips, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In a large bowl add olive oil, thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Add parsnips to bowl and toss to coat with other ingredients.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and roast 20 minutes, flipping parsnips halfway through roasting. When done, sprinkle with lemon juice and serve.