Roasted Pepper and Pumpkin Seed Hummus
This version of hummus is made with garlic oil, roasted orange bell peppers, pumpkin seeds, and chickpeas. Serve it with crackers and fresh vegetables for a colorful and healthful appetizer.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup hulled pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp. garlic oil
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place bell pepper pieces on baking sheet and broil for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tops begin to char. Cool completely, then peel off and discard skins.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add pumpkin seeds and oil and purée until it forms a paste. Add pepper pieces, chickpeas, lemon juice, cumin, and salt and blend well.