Bell peppers become very sweet when roasted.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 6 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 green peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Pour the olive oil in a stainless-steel bowl. Toss the peppers with 1 teaspoon olive oil, then roast or grill them on an open flame. Shock the peppers in ice water and remove the skins.
- Julienne the peppers and add them to the bowl with the remaining olive oil, along with the garlic and black pepper.
- Let sit at room temperature in serving bowl until ready to serve.