Roasted Pink Pepper Nuts
These will keep for up to one week in a tight plastic or tin container. You can also substitute black or white pepper with only slightly different results.
Makes: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup golden brown sugar (not “Brownulated”)
- 4 tsp. water
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. flaky sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. finely ground pink peppercorns
- 2 1⁄2 cups blanched almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and treat with nonstick spray.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, add sugar and water, mix well.
- Add the spices, salt, and peppercorns. When well blended, add the almonds and coat.
- Transfer the nuts to the cookie sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, until well browned. Cool and store in airtight container.