Roasted Potato and Shallot Frittata
You can roast the potatoes and shallots ahead of time so there is less to do during the actual preparation of this dish.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 10 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled mascarpone cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped rosemary
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 5 shallots, peeled
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a large oven-proof skillet with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Beat the eggs in a bowl, and whisk in the milk, cheese, and 1 tablespoon rosemary.
- Combine the potatoes, shallots, remaining rosemary, remaining oil, and black pepper in a roasting pan. Stir well to ensure that the potatoes and shallots are generously coated with the oil, rosemary, and pepper. Roast, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the potatoes and shallots to the greased skillet. Pour in the egg mixture. Cover and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5 to 10 minutes until the egg is set.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.