Roasted Potatoes with Basil
These potatoes are worth every step of the recipe, as they turn out slightly crispy and still creamy.
Serves: 5Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 medium potatoes, quartered into long wedges
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 large basil leaves
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. thyme
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place the potato wedges into a large saucepan of cold water and heat over medium-high until the water starts to boil. Drain and set aside.
- Place the olive oil in a large frying pan and heat over medium heat.
- Sauté the potatoes for about 15 minutes or until they brown. Add the basil, thyme, salt, and pepper and stir.
- Put the onion and potatoes on a baking dish or roasting pan, and roast in the oven for another 15 minutes, until the sides are crisp.
- Serve immediately.