Roasted Potatoes with Garlic, Lemon, and Oregano
This dish is a specialty on the Greek island of Naxos, where it is frequently served with roast chicken or leg of lamb.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 small potatoes
- 4 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Cut the unpeeled potatoes into halves. In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes with the lemon juice, garlic salt, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the olive oil into a shallow 9" × 13" baking pan. Use a paper towel or cloth to wipe the olive oil across the pan so that the pan is evenly coated. Spread out the potatoes on the pan.
- Bake the potatoes until they are browned and pierce easily with a fork (about 30 minutes). Turn the potatoes 2 or 3 times during cooking. Garnish with the fresh oregano and serve.