Roasted Potatoes with Herbes de Provence
New or fingerling potatoes are good for roasting, they cook faster than larger potatoes and their thin skins crisp nicely when cooked in oil. Herbes de Provence is a mixture of herbs from the south of France and is sold in most supermarkets.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. new potatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs. herbes de Provence
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Toss with potatoes with oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and herbes de Provence. Transfer potatoes to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake on center rack for 45 minutes, or until potatoes are browned at the edges and tender when poked with a fork.