Roasted Pumpkin and Apples with Pecans and Maple Syrup
Essential autumn ingredients bake beautifully together, topped with pecans and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds pie pumpkin, winter squash or sweet potatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into ½” slices
- 3 baking apples, peeled, cored and cut into ½” slices
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl mix the melted coconut oil with pumpkin pie spice, ginger root, salt and pepper. Toss in the squash and apples and mix well to coat. Arrange the squash and apples in a large 8”x12” baking dish.
- Cover the squash and apples with a sheet of aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes covered. After 20 minutes, remove the foil, top with the pecans and drizzle with maple syrup and return the pan to the oven and bake another 15-20 minutes, until squash is tender and nuts are toasted.
- Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.