Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
The traditional pesto thatʼs loaded with fat and calories gets a healthy spin with this clean alternative. With the addition of roasted red peppers, this classic concoction gains the added benefit of powerful antioxidants that will promote your bodyʼs overall health and vitality.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups roasted red peppers
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- ½ cup toasted unsalted pine nuts
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. all-natural sea salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- In a food processor, combine the roasted red peppers, basil, pine nuts, garlic cloves, lemon juice, and ¼ cup of the olive oil. Process until well blended.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil until desired consistency is achieved. Add sea salt and pepper.