Roasted Romanesco Broccoli with Parmesan
This stunning member of the brassica family, also called Roman cauliflower, can be found at farmers markets and some grocery stores. Substitute regular broccoli if you have trouble finding it.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. Romanesco broccoli
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¾ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Trim the bottoms off the broccoli stems. Peel the stems and cut them into florets. Place in a bowl and toss with the oil, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Spread the broccoli in a single layer over a baking sheet.
- Roast for 20–25 minutes, or until the stems have softened and florets begin to brown. Shake pan and stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Pour the vinegar into the baking sheet and stir, scraping the caramelized bits off the bottom. Pour the pan juices over the broccoli and serve, topping with Parmesan.