Roasted Salsa Verde
Tomatillos, a relative of the tomato, are in peak season in the summer and early autumn.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. fresh tomatillos
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove husks from the tomatillos, rinse in warm water, and place on a baking sheet with the jalapeños. Place jalapeños and tomatillos in the oven to roast until slightly charred, about 10 minutes.
- Place tomatillos, jalapeños, cilantro, onion, lime juice, and salt in a blender. Purée until salsa is well-blended.