Roasted Sweet Potato Hearts
Sweet potato hearts topped with tangy cheese and crunchy pecans are a lovable appetizer for Galentine’s Day!
Serves: 12Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large and thick sweet potatoes, washed and cut into ½” slices
- 1 tablespoon Kroger Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces Brie cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- Crackers, to serve
- Fresh thyme to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare two baking sheets with aluminum foil. Place the sweet potato slices on the prepared baking sheets. Drizzle the sweet potatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until tender.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, cut each slice with a 2”-3” heart shaped cookie cutter. Place back on the baking sheet. Spread about 1 teaspoon of Brie on each slice. Place back in the oven and cook until the Brie is slightly melted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle each slice with ½ teaspoon of dried cranberries and ½ teaspoon of chopped pecans.
- Sprinkle with thyme and serve with crackers, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.