Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Cauliflower Soup
This soup is delicious served hot or cold, and is even better the next day.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 40 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 head cauliflower, outer stems removed, chopped into small florets
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup chopped roasted red pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place cauliflower and sweet potatoes on cookie sheets and, using hands, coat with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with smoked paprika, salt, and garlic powder. Bake until softened and browned, approximately 10–15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large stockpot, sauté onion over medium-high heat in remaining 1 tablespoon. olive oil until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and roasted vegetables to pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in roasted red pepper.