Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
Your favorite Mexican restaurant might miss you once you realize how easy it is to make this delicious green salsa at home.
Serves: 12Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound tomatillos, husks removed, cut in half if large
- 2 cloves garlic, not peeled
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 serrano pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro (leaves and tender stems)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Heat oven to 500°F.
- Place tomatillos, garlic, onion and serrano pepper on a baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes until browned on the bottom.
- Place tomatillos in a blender or bowl of food processor. Peel garlic, remove seeds and stem from serrano; add to blender. Pulse a few times to start blending. Add lime, cilantro and salt; blend until all ingredients are finely chopped. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Refrigerate leftovers.