Roasted Tomato Catalina Dressing
The roasted tomatoes in this recipe add a whole new layer of flavor to the tangy dressing and add a hint of smoky sweetness to any salad.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 plum tomatoes
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground red pepper
- 3 Tbsp. ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. sweet Hungarian paprika
- ¼ tsp. dried mustard
- ¼ tsp. celery seed
- 3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the tomatoes in half by length and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Place tomatoes cut-side-up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle 3 tablespoons oil over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Roast tomatoes for 20 minutes, or until tomatoes concentrate and start to caramelize. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes.
- Place roasted tomatoes, ketchup, honey, paprika, mustard, and celery seed in a food processor. Slowly feed the vinegar as you process. Process until smooth. Slowly feed remaining oil into the processor. Process until emulsified.
- Pour dressing into a bottle and store in fridge. Shake well before each use.