Roasted Vegetable Buddha Bowl with Lemon Tahini
Wonderfully lemony and nutty, this tahini sauce served with sweet roasted vegetables makes an incredibly satisfying meal.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 large Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 large red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup French or brown lentils
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 Tbsp. tahini
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. roughly chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place Brussels sprouts, carrots, cauliflower, and onion on a large, rimmed sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 minutes, or until softened and slightly caramelized. Reserve.
- Bring lentils, broth, and the bay leaf to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cover and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes. When lentils are softened, drain off any remaining liquid and discard bay leaf. Reserve.
- Mix together the tahini and lemon zest in a small bowl. Thin out with water for desired consistency.
- Place the roasted vegetables and lentils in a large bowl. Drizzle with tahini lemon dressing. Garnish with chopped cilantro.