Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad with Zesty Italian Dressing
Perfect for potlucks, picnics, and barbecues, this pasta salad will be the hit of the party. The recipe makes enough to serve 12, half when feeding a smaller group. Make ahead and refrigerate; the salad keeps well for several days.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. dry whole-grain rotini or similar pasta
- 2 medium orange or yellow bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 9 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. white distilled vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. water
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1½ tsp. agave nectar
- 1½ tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. all-purpose seasoning
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Toss peppers and zucchini with olive oil. Spread on a large baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are beginning to brown.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and add to roasted vegetables. Add the tomatoes to the pasta and vegetables and toss. Set aside.
- Measure remaining ingredients into a small mixing bowl and whisk well to combine. Pour dressing over salad and toss well to coat.
- Serve salad immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving.