Roasted Vegetable Soup
Make this warm and satisfying soup any time you need a little extra nurturing. You can substitute vegetable stock for the chicken stock to make it appropriate for a vegetarian diet.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb. parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over a large baking sheet.
- Arrange the squash, carrots, and parsnips on the baking sheet in one layer. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Toss to coat. Roast for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Transfer roasted vegetables to a large stockpot, add stock and bay leaves, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the bay leaves and discard.
- Off heat, use an immersion blender to purée the soup. Serve with a garnish of parsley