Roasted Veggie Dip with a Kick
Delicious roasted vegetables get combined in a delicious dip thatʼs great with tortilla chips, crisp vegetables, on crisp toast, or all by itself!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large yellow squash
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. all-natural sea salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and prepare a roasting pan with olive oil spray.
- Cut the eggplant into cubes, the zucchini and yellow squash into quarters, and the red pepper and onion into ¼"–½" thick chunks. Scatter the vegetables and garlic on the roasting pan, drizzle with the olive oil, and sprinkle with the cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for about 30–45 minutes, turning and basting with the oil drippings every 15–20 minutes. Once all vegetables are soft and cooked through, remove from heat and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Combine all vegetables in a food processor, and purée until desired chunkiness is achieved.
- Gradually drizzle in the 2 tablespoons of lemon juice until desired taste and texture is achieved.