Roasted Zucchini Frittata
This perfect brunch main course can be made ahead and served at slightly above room temperature. It’s a perfect way to utilize leftover vegetables of all sorts—any vegetables will work.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup half-and-half
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack, cheddar, or Havarti cheese
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F. Toss zucchini with olive oil; spread into a baking sheet or roasting pan. Roast until tender, about 20 minutes. Raise oven temperature to 450°F.
- Add the potatoes to a pot of water. Bring to a boil and par-cook for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, and salt.
- Melt the butter in an oven-safe, 10" nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until the onions are soft, about 7 minutes. Add the zucchini, potatoes, and the egg mixture. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the mixture begins to thicken, but is still mostly liquid, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese. Season with pepper.
- Place pan on center rack of oven, and bake until the cheese begins to brown on top, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a serving plate. Allow it to rest 10 minutes before serving.