Rocky Road Brownies
These brownies are topped with a "rocky" marshmallow frosting.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 3 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup butter, cut into ¼" cubes
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 20 large marshmallows
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat the sides of a 9" x 13" baking pan with butter and flour. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler over hot (not boiling) water, stirring continuously. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Whisk the eggs together. Gradually whisk in the sugars, salt, and vanilla. Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Fold in the flour just until lightly blended. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the brownies from the oven, and place them on a cooling rack for 30 minutes, then in the refrigerator for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove the baked brownies from the refrigerator and top with the almonds and then the marshmallows. Bake for an additional 15 minutes, until the marshmallows melt and turn golden. Remove the brownies from the oven and place them on a cooling rack for at least an hour. To cut these sticky treats, dip a sharp knife in hot water and wipe dry before each cut.