Rocky Road Candy
This chewy, crunchy, and sweet candy is a real treat that everyone will love. You can use your own favorite dried fruits to make it your own.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 milk chocolate bar (8 oz.), chopped
- 2 dark chocolate bars (8 oz.), chopped
- 1 cup toasted almonds
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows
- 1½ cups chopped dried cherries
- 1 cup dried currants
- Combine milk chocolate and all but ⅓ cup of the dark chocolate in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 50 percent power for 2 minutes, then remove and stir. Continue microwaving on 50 percent power for 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove from microwave and stir in reserved chocolate until melted and smooth. Add remaining ingredients, stirring gently just to combine.
- Spoon mixture a small baking dish and spread evenly. Chill in refrigerator until set. Cut candy into pieces, then store in airtight container at room temperature.